Monday, March 11, 2019

What a wave looks like...


I waded into the gentle surf at the boulder end of the beach with the intention of photographing just the surface of the water, close, abstract. I watched the incoming waves very carefully, so as not to put the camera in danger. But waves will get you. This one slapped the camera mid exposure. I tried not to panic, got out to dry it off. It's not weather sealed. I got mad at myself for being careless, but there was nothing I could do. The lens stopped working, the camera was fine. I went back later to my hut and tried to see if there was a solution, but no, I had to accept that I ruined my only 28mm focal length. I chalked it up to a very expensive lesson, but refused to let it get me down. It was on my birthday.
I wrapped it up, put it in the camera bag, went on about my work. A couple of days later I pulled it out, put it on both cameras just to see, and it has worked just fine ever since. Lucky me. Lesson learned, and I got an interesting sequence of it happening as well. All in all, it was for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment